Tuesday, June 26, 2012

And we believed!

On Saturday mornings I have classes, two to be more specific, and between them I have a break that I spend in a very charming coffee shop! I like to say that it’s my moment; I also think sometimes that I didn’t leave these classes just to have the excuse of having this pleasure, because if I were at home I wouldn’t wake up early in the morning to go to a coffee shop alone.
I usually arrive in the place and ask a green juice that consists in lemon, kale and watercress, great to cure my hangovers when I insist in going out on Friday nights even knowing that I have classes the next day. I also ask a colorful salad to clean the organism, and a desert 'cus I am not on a diet!
They have some magazines there, sometimes I surf the net… other times I like reading.
I read a great article other day, I myself like very much the Danusa Leão chronics, and I want to share especially with my friends who live this situation.
There were so many lies they told us and one of those lies is that we could perfectly do the housekeeping, be a mother, a wife, a lover, go to yoga and have a brilliant professional career at the same time.
How can a woman takes care of their children, feed them, go to work, back, make dinner, organize the house and after all this be sexy to discuss politics if she didn’t have time to have her nails done?
But the humanity is there, trying to convince them and their husbands that a fish with herbs in the oven with some potatoes cooked al dente accompanied by white wine is really easy to do and the marriage will continue with the touch of a French movie… Bullshit!
“They” say that work enriches people; this even can be true, besides it ages and dries the skin too!
It is no use complaining! A glamorous woman ready to do all the charming’s that let the men crazy needs two things: time and money! And this is to me an antagonistic thing, when you have time you don’t have money and vice versa. Except if you won the lottery!
I heard an expression once; you are HMC – High Maintenance Cost woman!. All women are HMC, we need to go to the hairdresser, buy clothes, shoes, go to the gym, and feel powerful… irresistible! And all these things have a cost!
I don’t have kids, and I see that trying to keep all these demands a lot! I used to be more worried before, now I am achieving a balance. I feel happy to discover that I don’t need to be a super hero before getting marriage, to slow down, be satisfied with less… because you must agree that is difficult to be a real woman, impossible I would say!

No comments:

Post a Comment